Colorado Behavior and Learning Group (CBLG) is a Behavioral Health Center of Excellence with a two-year accreditation. We are a group of Board Certified Behavior Analysts and Board Certified Assistant Behavior Analysts providing Applied Behavior Analysis services for a broad range of diagnoses in Douglas County, El Paso County, and Teller County in the state of Colorado. We provide each other support and collaboration on each of our clients in order to provide the best services possible. We believe that the best outcomes are achieved by frequent and direct one on one ABA therapy with a BCBA/BCaBA, even when utilizing direct line staff.
We currently accept Colorado Medicaid, Tricare, Anthem/BCBS, Aetna, Cigna, and UHC/Optum. See full list of accepted in-network insurance providers.
Families can depend on Colorado Behavior and Learning Group to deliver exceptional therapy that produces effective change.
An experienced clinical team made up of BCBAs, BCaBAs, and RBTs that support and collaborate on each of our clients in order to provide the best services possible.
Priding ourselves on providing the highest level of care to learners who benefit from individualized teaching as well as those with challenging behaviors that limit independence.
Our Treatment Approach
The clinicians of behavior and learning group abide by stringent standards of clinical quality. This is achieved by closely following the Behavior Analyst Certification Board guidelines. The group strives to be transparent, accountable, and client centered.
- 100% of Supervisor Level staff have Master’s Degrees and BCBA/QASP-S certification.
- Lead Staff (BCaBAs/QASP-S) are supervised on site monthly.
- 100% of Direct Service Staff have completed 40 hours of in house evidenced based training in addition to two weeks of on site training with clients.
- CBLG has low staff turnover. Our employee retention rate is well over the national average.
- Caseloads are kept small in order for Supervisor Level staff to work with families weekly one on one. CBLG’s average caseload is 10 or fewer cases per BCBA/BCaBA.
- BCBAs and BCaBAs supervise direct level staff at a minimum 5-10% of total hours worked with each client every month on site.
- Standardized assessments are utilized and programs are individualized based on client skill level.
- Research based behavior-reduction procedures are utilized.
- Data is collected throughout every session and is analyzed weekly. Parents have access to live data collection through our data collection software.
- Centers have 24/7 video recording to ensure best practice in regard to treatment quality, and client safety.
- Treatment hours are based on professional judgement, research, and standard of care. This means that hours are not prescribed based on client availability, location, or caregiver preference. Treatment hours are prescribed based on the client’s skill level and problem behaviors exhibited during the assessment phase.
- Collaboration occurs and cotreating can occur when needed with SLP, OT, school staff, physicians, etc.
- Wait list estimates are given at first point of contact, and are followed up on monthly. Referral options are given at first point of contact if there is a wait of over 30 days.
- View: Professional and Ethical Compliance Code for Behavior Analysts
To provide superior Applied Behavior Analysis therapy to enrich the lives of all individuals with disabilities.